Building Customer Satisfaction with ISO 9001
18 Jul, 2017
Are all of your customers satisfied?
How are you able to determine this and what do you do if the answer is negative?
Well, this is where having the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard can help you.
The key focus for ISO 9001 is customer satisfaction. Clause 8.2.1 of ISO 9001 requires as part of the standard that you monitor information that relates to customer perception to determine if customer requirements have been met. This puts a huge emphasis on making sure your clients are indeed satisfied.
ISO 9001 does not specify how you assess or measure whether your clients are satisfied.
Here is how we believe you can develop your processes with ISO 9001 to build customer satisfaction within your business.
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys.
- Implementing a robust and workable complaints handling process.
- Implementing a process to monitor trends in customer data.
- Implementing a process for reviewing customer data.
The above however would be ineffectual and do nothing towards building satisfied customers without a further layer in the process. It is vital that within your procedures you define responsibilities for the following:
- Actually undertaking the customer satisfaction survey (who is going to send it out and how?)
- Dealing with the customer feedback when it comes in.
- Reviewing and analysing the customer data that comes in.
- Dealing with returns and warranty claims (one of things that will lower your customer satisfaction dramatically is if this is not dealt with efficiently).
A key point regarding the above is that if negative data is revealed, you should act on it swiftly as part of your overall management of your standard (of course you’ll have a process in place for this as part of your standard so it will be easy to implement.
With the above in place and the other key elements of the ISO 9001 standard, you will be well on your way to building customer satisfaction levels so high that you should see repeat orders increase, the number of complaints decrease and the number of claims decrease – key signs of customer satisfaction if ever there were!
Interested in using ISO 9001 to increase your customer satisfaction? Find out more about the ISO 9001 Quality Management standard here.
Alternatively, get in touch with our team on 01905 670303 or email@example.com.
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.