What are the business benefits of implementing ISO 9001?
14 Dec, 2017
For any business to survive, continual improvement is vital. However, we all know that improvements can be costly. Deciding on the right way to spend any budget you do have can be difficult including new equipment, extra staff or training existing staff to name but a few. In this article, we look at why ISO 9001 can be a big boost to any business and why we believe it is the best way to ensure continual improvement for your business.
So firstly, what is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is systematic and process driven approach to managing your businesses’ day to day activities. It is designed to support your business in ensuring that you meet the needs of your customers, whilst delivering a consistent level of quality and satisfaction.
The areas that are covered within ISO 9001 include:
- Customer satisfaction
- Training records for staff
- Preferred supplier lists
- Contract reviews
- Quality objectives
- Management Review meetings
- Evidence of Monitoring and Measuring
- Non-conformance register
ISO 9001 is a system that is designed to make business owners and managers feel more in control of their businesses through a series of efficient systems and processes.
What are the benefits of ISO 9001?
There are a number of benefits to implementing efficient business processes in to your business. The main ones that our clients experience are as follows:
- Increased profit potential and market share;
- Better utilisation of their time through improved resource management;
- Time and money saved on recurring problems, with many problems being resolved first time around;
- Proof to their customers that they provide a consistent, reliable and fit for purpose solution for their customer needs;
- An improved relationship with their customers and suppliers as they proactively respond to customer feedback;
- Quicker identification and resolution of issues, in many cases without their customers even knowing there was an issue;
- Increased job security for staff through enhanced business performance;
- Improved job satisfaction as employees are clear about what to do and how it is to be done;
- Morale of employees is boosted and motivation is increased through improved training capabilities.
Following certification of your business, we conduct an internal review at 6 months and recertification review annually, ensuring your business continually strives to improve its systems and processes on an ongoing basis.
Who is ISO 9001 for?
ISO 9001 is a certification that can be achieved by any business, of any size, in any sector. Traditionally ISO 9001 has been seen as a quality management standard for the manufacturing sector. Indeed, it is an ideal standard for those in the manufacturing sector ensuring quality throughout the manufacturing process of a product. However, ISO Quality Services Limited have helped implement ISO 9001 into many other sectors including:
- business services sector, including accountants, solicitors and business consultancies;
- Waste and cleaning companies;
- IT and creative businesses;
- Charities and care homes;
- Construction companies;
- Automotive and transport companies; and
- The hospitality and retail sector.
The majority of businesses that implement ISO 9001 turnover over more than £250,000. However, it is not a bar to certification if a business turns over less than this sum. Indeed, at ISO Quality Services Limited we do have a number of smaller businesses that have successfully implemented ISO 9001 and found it hugely beneficial to their business.
So if business improvement is high on your agenda for 2018, why not give us a call to arrange a no obligation appointment to find out more about how ISO 9001 could be the ideal standard for your business. Call 01905 670303 or complete our enquiry form on our website .
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.