ISO 27001 Information Security
An ISO 27001 information security management system is a systematic and pro-active approach to effectively managing risks to the security of your company’s confidential information.
The system promotes efficient management of sensitive corporate information, highlighting vulnerabilities to ensure it is adequately protected against potential threats. It encompasses people, process and IT systems.
An ISO 27001 certification can be achieved by any business of any size, in any given sector, which is looking to increase and enhance the company’s security of its data.
ISO Certification – The Process to obtain ISO 27001 Certification:
Why ISO 27001 certification?
Information is a valuable asset. It needs to be protected at all costs.
This standard will help your company coordinate all your security efforts both electronically and physically. It will prove to potential customers that you take the security of their personal or business information seriously. It ensures that you have a consistent and cost-effective approach to information management.
There are many benefits to managing your information carefully, especially in the light of GDPR.
Benefits to you:
- Cost reductions due to avoiding incidents
- Smoother running operations as responsibilities and processes are clearly defined
- Improved business image in the marketplace – customers have peace of mind that your company is trustworthy
- Reduced risk of negative PR
Benefits to your customers:
- Working with a trustworthy provider maintains the company’s own integrity to the safeguarding of its data
- Installs confidence further down the supply chain resulting in stronger customers / supplier relationships
Benefits to your staff:
- Having appropriate access controls in place lowers the risk of accidental exposure to employees of confidential/sensitive information
- Reassurance that their employer is meeting data handling security guidelines
- Defines clearly and precisely roles and responsibilities therefore job satisfaction and productivity is increased
Did you know?
“More than 70% of people would reveal their computer password in exchange for a bar of chocolate. 33% said they shared passwords or wrote them down”. (Source: BBC)
Did you know?
According to a recent survey carried out in 2014 in the UK across organisations it was found that 81% of large organisations and 60% of small businesses had experienced a security breach in the last year.
Did you know?
£600k – £1.15m is the average cost to a large organisation of its worst security breach for the year, while £65k – £115k was the average cost to a small business respectively. (Department for Business Innovation & Skills, 2014)
Don't just take our word for itCaroline Mapes, IT Quality Manager from ICNet International Ltd said:
“We decided we wished to be certified to both improve our processes and procedures but also to be able to satisfy our customers that we are a professionally run company. We have both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2013 Management Standards, and ISO Quality Services Ltd helped us with the implementation stages, helping us put together the manuals to initially get us certified and through advice and training have enabled us to provide suitable documentation and records to maintain and improve our systems. We believe that ISO certification is mandatory in the highly specialised environment in which we operate and we would be significantly disadvantaged if we did not have these processes in place”.