ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
An ISO 14001 environmental management system is a systematic and process driven approach to controlling those aspects of your business that have a significant impact on the environment.
The system is proven to make business owners and managers be more aware of their environmental responsibilities, including legal and regulatory accountabilities, and being able to manage and control the associated risks.
An environmental management system can be applied to any business of any size, in any given sector, to demonstrate the company’s commitments to on-going environmental issues both on a local and national scale. More specifically it can help you reduce your waste and carbon footprint significantly, therefore lowering you environmental liability.
ISO Certification – The Process to obtain ISO 14001 Certification:
Why ISO 14001 certification?
By obtaining ISO 14001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your environmental obligations and are looking to reduce your environmental impact. The main benefits of obtaining ISO 14001 are:
Benefits to you:
- Use the reduce, reuse and recycle approach to make tangible cost reductions as well the potential to reduce taxes and liability insurances
- Enhance your company image and improve your green credentials within the local community and to potential investors
- Reduce the impact of your business activities on the environment through best practice management
Benefits to your customers:
- Reassures customers who take an active interest in environmental performance that they are working with a company which promotes a shared environmental ethos
- Proof that you are maintaining a forward thinking, environmentally aware organisation that fulfills its corporate social responsibility
Benefits to your staff:
- Increase the motivation of your environmentally conscious employees
- Increase environmental awareness amongst the entire workforce
- Actively reduces environmental risks and prevents incidents to both employees and the local environment
Did you know?
28% of business owners stated that they were not sure how to determine whether or not a company’s environmental statement was true – adopt the ISO 14001 certification to ensure that your customers are clear that your environmental statements are honest and regularly audited.
Did you know?
Last year a 12% increase was recorded on obtaining the ISO 14001 certification.
Did you know?
ISO 14001 certification assists with accident/incident investigation and reporting should you have any involvement with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or Environment Agency.
Don't just take our word for itA debt recovery agency client who has implemented the ISO 14001 has recently told us:
“In the first 12 months following certification to the ISO 14001 environmental management standard, we have halved our water consumption. We conducted a concentrated focus on this area through our ISO 14001, identifying where the prime areas of consumption took place and by taking practical actions and educating our staff. We supported this through the ISO process of establishing a base usage, recording on-going usage and monitoring and reviewing performance on a month by month and year by year basis”.