Why ISO 50001 certification?
Energy, be it electricity, water or gas for example, is an invaluable resource and can affect an organisation in a multitude of ways. An energy management system will aid the implementation of an Energy Management Policy as well as making all personnel more aware of the impact of their actions in relation to energy management.
For larger undertakings having an accredited ISO 50001 certificate can provide compliance with the Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme Regulations (ESOS).
The main benefits of ISO 50001 include:
Benefits to you:
- Improved resource efficiency and subsequently reduced costs making you more competitive
- Managing risks surrounding future changes to the energy supply and tariff prices.
- Improved company image
- Reduced carbon foot print
- Ability to meet current and future mandatory energy efficiency targets
Benefits to your customers:
- Reassures customers that they are working with an ethical and responsible company
- Makes them aware that they are working with a forward thinking company
Benefits to your staff:
- Increasing energy awareness amongst the entire workforce
- Creating a sense of inclusion and participation amongst employees
- Providing clarity as to what is expected in terms of energy management