A smaller world requiring quality translation
30 Oct, 2014
Stand out from the crowd
From a translation company’s perspective, the standard is a way of illustrating excellence within the industry. Building upon this, it can be a way of protecting the industry and its reputation. In addition to this it can:
- Prove the company’s capability to provide quality services through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
- Increase client bases by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognised management system.
- Ensure that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinised for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and are suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalisation, thus eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.
Internally, it can be used to ensure on-going staff development through training and this will be very appealing to any prospective employees which will aid the businesses attempts to attract the most talented translators.
Externally, the standard will increase customer confidence in the particular business. A prospective customer can be assured that while using a business with this standard they will receive the very best quality translation services.
It has become easier for new businesses to enter the market and sadly this will attract some “charlatans”. These businesses may promise a quality translation service but are actually just running it through one of the many free translation programmes available on the internet which may not be accurate.
With this in mind, the BS EN 15038 Translation Services Management Standard is something that customers of the industry can look out for as it is a promise of quality. To maintain this European standard, a company has to prove to an external assessor that their translation processes and procedures are both strong and robust. The standard breaks down these processes and procedures into several areas which include:
- Commissioning work and translation
- Proof reading and review
- Contractual requirement and project management
- Traceability of the translation process
- Overall quality management of the service.
ISO Quality Services Ltd suggest that all clients display their standard’s logo on all marketing literature, be it their website, letterheads or email signatures. The standard is a mark of excellence so shout about it!!
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Secure Destruction of Confidential Materials
Health & Safety
- News Archive
Golfers swing for the Midlands Air Ambulance
26 Jun, 2019
The team achieve Worcestershire Works Well
21 May, 2019