BS EN 15713
BS EN 15713 Secure Destruction of Confidential Material
The BS EN 15713:2009 standard provides a framework of key conditions to be adhered to by companies who destroy confidential information on behalf of their customers; the security of this information being integral to this.
ISO Certification – The Process to obtain BS EN 15713 Certification:
As the BS EN 15713 covers several aspects which are integral to both service delivery and customer satisfaction, ISO Quality Services Ltd have taken the decision to implement this standard in conjunction with the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard if it is not already in place.
This is bringing ISO Quality Services Ltd in line with the industry norm and seeks to reinforce the importance of training, infrastructure and traceability which are common to both standards.
Please note that as part of this change in policy, the implementation of the BS EN 15713 Secure Destruction of Confidential Materials will be charged at a reduced rate.
Why BS EN 15713 certification?
By obtaining the BS EN 15713 certification you convey to your customers that you dispose of their confidential waste in a secure, controlled manner, with the process regulated by on-going external audits.
Certification is relevant to companies who are or planning to dispose of high volumes of confidential material securely and safely.
Benefits to you:
- Provides a traceable and specific framework to ensure the secure destruction of confidential information is compliant
- Helps to minimise the risk, thereby protecting against any damage to business reputation and preventing potential financial implications
- Directs the business to recycling the end product, therefore having a positive impact on the environment which helps to satisfy social corporate responsibility
- Enhanced business reputationwhich can lead to enhanced business opportunities, as you prove your commitment to confidentially
Benefits to your customers:
- Increases customer confidenceand gives reassurance that you follow a recognised specialist standard whilst disposing of their confidential material
- Helps customers reduce the risk of damage to their company reputation and potential fines by allowing them to have a formalised policy of secure document disposal
- Helps to enhance their corporate social responsibility by entering into partnership with a company that takes their responsibilities seriously through recycling the end product
Benefits to your staff:
- Improves confidence within the workforce as the recruitment, selection and staff screening process is consistently controlled.
- Clearly defined processes and procedures in relation to disposal of confidential material reduces the risk of accidental exposure to employees, and also enhances corporate identity through conformity of process
- Improved morale and motivationas business opportunities are increased
Example Aspects include:
- Security screening of personnel
- Premises Security
- How sensitive information is collected, retained and transferred
- Security measures during destruction of materials
- Management and control of confidential material destruction
- Traceability of the destruction process
Did you know?
Most organisations shred less than half of all documents containing sensitive or confidential information before disposal?
Did you know?
Only 33% of organisations that have been recently surveyed collect documents from each office area for centralized in-house shredding? This means that employees are getting exposed to confidential or sensitive information, which is not meant for their viewing, while doing in-house shredding or simply disposing materials
Don't just take our word for itNick Hardwidge from Matthews Confidential Document Shredding says:
“We are aware that to succeed in today’s challenging commercial environment, it is not enough to work at the highest professional level, you have to prove you are working at the highest level. In our industry, what better way to illustrate this than displaying the BS EN 15713:2009 Secure Destruction of Confidential Material standard. The standard informs the customer that Matthews Confidential Shredding have fully vetted staff, secure premises, strictly adhered to procedures that ensure all data is handled, retained, transferred and destroyed correctly”.