Information Security Management System
ISO 27001; What is it?
An ISO 27001 information security management system is a systematic and pro-active approach to effectively managing risks to the security of your company’s confidential information.
The system promotes efficient management of sensitive corporate information, highlighting vulnerabilities to ensure it is adequately protected against potential threats. It encompasses people, process and IT systems.
Why ISO 27001 Certification?
Information is an asset which, like other important business assets, has a value to an organisation and consequently needs to be suitably protected. This standard will help your company coordinate all your security efforts both electronically and physically, coherently, cost effectively and with consistency and prove to potential customers that you take the security of their personal / business information seriously. The main benefits include:
Benefits to you:
- Cost reductions due to avoiding incidents
- Smoother running operations as responsibilities and processes are clearly defined
- Improved business image in the marketplace – customers have peace of mind that the company is trustworthy
Benefits to your customers:
- Working with a trustworthy provider maintains the company’s own integrity to the safeguarding of its data
- Installs confidence further down the supply chain resulting in stronger customers / supplier relationships
Benefits to your staff:
- Having appropriate access controls in place lowers the risk of accidental exposure to employees of confidential/sensitive information
- Reassurance that their employer is meeting data handling security guidelines
- Defines clearly and precisely roles and responsibilities therefore job satisfaction and productivity is increased
Don’t just take our word for it:
Caroline Mapes, IT Quality Manager from ICNet International Ltd said:
“We decided we wished to be certified to both improve our processes and procedures but also to be able to satisfy our customers that we are a professionally run company. We have both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2013 Management Standards, and ISO Quality Services Ltd helped us with the implementation stages, helping us put together the manuals to initially get us certified and through advice and training have enabled us to provide suitable documentation and records to maintain and improve our systems. We believe that ISO certification is mandatory in the highly specialised environment in which we operate and we would be significantly disadvantaged if we did not have these processes in place”.
An ISO 27001 certification can be achieved by any business of any size, in any given sector, which is looking to increase and enhance the company’s security of its data.
ISO Certification – The Process to obtain ISO 27001 Certification: