Ensure your health and safety measures are delivered with the legal requirements.
ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System
This system is proven to enable a business to be pro-active rather then re-active when approaching health and safety, therefore more effectively protecting the health and welfare of your workforce on an on-going basis. ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management provides a process driven approach to controlling and monitoring risks that can arise from the company’s day to day activities.
The system is proven to help business owners and managers be more aware of their legal and regulatory accountabilities and assist them in identifying and controlling the associated risks.
Why ISO 45001 certification?
By obtaining the ISO 45001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your health and safety obligations and are looking to minimise any hazards and risks, including the management of emergency situations.
The main benefits of obtaining ISO 45001 are:
- Enhanced reputation as a health and safety conscious organisation.
- Reduced risk of potential litigation cases, for example through reducing the number of accidents in the work place.
- Improved productivity of the workforce as potential for absenteeism and sickness is reduced.
- Reduced insurance premiums
- By conducting rigorous risk and hazard assessments customers are reassured that products / services are delivered within legal requirements.
- Peace of mind that they are employed by a company that promotes health and safety in the workplace, and involvement from all staff to ensure it is a safe place to work.
This standard can be used as a tool to support and promote good occupational health and safety practices to both the workforce and other interested parties. It includes continual improvement by self-regulation through audit.
Example Aspects include:
- Contractor Assessment
- COSHH Risk Assessment Record
- DSE Risk Assessment Record
- Incident Reporting and Investigation Report
- Emergency Lighting Test Record
- Health and Safety Induction
- Safe Manual Handling Technique
- Fire Alarm Test Record
Did you know?
ISO 45001 certification assists with accident/incident investigation and reporting should you have any involvement with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or Environment Agency.
Don't just take our word for itHollingworth and Vose:
“Obtaining the Occupational Health and Safety Management System has certainly assisted the company in establishing our safety objectives and processes necessary to deliver our results in a safe and effective manner”.
BS OHSAS 18001 is now ISO 45001
The BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System has become an internationally recognised system. The brand new ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System is the replacement for BS OHSAS 18001.
Are you currently running the BS OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 or are you looking at implementing it? Contact us to learn more about this change.