What is ISO 14001?
7 Nov, 2017
Find out more about the Environmental Management standard and how it can benefit your business.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management is a common standard implemented by many companies who are looking to improve their impact on the environment. It helps to improve environmental performance by identifying areas of your business that could have significant changes made that can result in improved performance and eco-efficiency.
By implementing ISO 14001, you can utilise an approach that allows you to maintain control of the aspects of your business that have a significant impact on the environment. ISO 14001 has been proven to be able to make business owners and manager more aware of their environmental responsibilities, including legal and regulatory accountabilities, and be able to manage and control any associated risks.
How can I benefit from ISO 14001?
There are a number of benefits that you can achieve by running an environmental management system:
- Use the reduce, reuse and recycle approach to make tangible cost reductions as well as the potential to reduce taxes and liability insurances.
- Enhance your company image and improve your green credentials within the local community and to potential investors.
- Reduce the impact of your business activities on the environment through best practice management.
- Increase the motivation of your environmentally conscious employees.
- Increase environmental awareness amongst the entire workforce.
- Actively reduces environmental risks and prevents incidents to both employees and the local environment.
What’s changed with the 2015 version?
The ISO 14001 standard was updated to the 2015 version to respond to the latest trends and to ensure that it remains compatible with other management standards. The main changes to the standard include:
- Environmental management has more prominence in the strategic planning processes.
- Leadership has a greater focus.
- The addition of improving environmental performance.
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects.
- Introduction of a communications strategy.
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation.
How have other companies benefitted from ISO 14001?
Our Case Studies page allows you to hear about our clients experiences with ISO standards and working with us.
Simply visit the Case Studies page on our website and use the filter to display ISO 14001 case studies. Alternatively, you can click this link:
I want to learn more about ISO 14001, what can I do?
Alongside ISO certification, we also offer a professional training service. Our courses cover the main ISO standards that we offer, including Environmental Management Training.
Sources: ISO Quality Services Ltd, International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Secure Destruction of Confidential Materials
Health & Safety
- News Archive
Miracle on Lowesmoor
21 Dec, 2018
Should ISO Be In Your Brexit Box?
14 Nov, 2018
Is GDPR a nine day wonder?
16 Oct, 2018