What is the ISO 17100
ISO 17100 is an international standard, published in 2015 to provide the requirements that a TSP (Translation Services Provider) shall meet, in order to provide a translation service that meets client’s and other applicable specifications.
Improving your translation services to the level required by ISO 17100, strengthens your business performance, helping with the delivery of a quality translation service. In addition, it establishes and defines the quality of your translators, providing reassurance to your customers.
Benefits of ISO 17100 certification
Increased profit potential and market share
Gives you a competitor advantage
Proof to your customers that you provide a consistent and reliable service
Improved communication between customers and suppliers
Increased morale and motivation of your staff
Establishes and defines the quality of your translators
Reassures customers that your translators are qualified
Enables you to tender for more contracts
Provides customers with a level of security
Evidence you are a forward-thinking translator business
How Can ISO 17100 Help My Business?
ISO 17100 is recognised around the world for setting the standard for quality translation services.
The standard specifies the requirements of all aspects of the translation process that directly affect the quality and delivery of your services such as your processes, translator qualifications and technical resources.
It aims to specify the steps you need to take to deliver a consistently high-quality translation service that meets the client’s and other applicable specifications, just like the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard.
Integrating terminology used in the translation field, ISO 17100 will simplify the interaction between clients and translator in terms of their contractual needs. It provides reassurance to your customers that you provide a quality service that is managed, coordinated, scrutinised, and reviewed by appropriately qualified members of the team. This therefore eliminates the margin for error and/or customer complaints.
Example aspects include:
- Increase Customer Loyalty as it gives stakeholders confidence in your business and translators abilities.
- Greater confidence for prospective clients that you work to the highest recognised specialist standard
- Commissioning work and translation
- Proofread and review
- Contractual requirement and project management
- Traceability of the translation process
- Establishing customer satisfaction by gaining customer feedback
- Overall quality management of the service
WHAT DOES ISO 17100 COVER?
ISO 17100 Translation Services consists of just six clauses with the four key clauses being:
- Human Resources: ensuring the people selected to perform translation tasks have the required competences and qualifications.
- Pre-Production Process and Activities: ensuring processes are in place for handling and analysing enquiries, determining project feasibility, preparing quotations, and entering into agreements.
- Production Processes: ensuring compliance with the agreement from the moment it is confirmed to the agreed end of the project.
- Post-Production Process: ensuring processes are in place for handling client feedback, assessing client satisfaction and making appropriate corrections and/or taking corrective action.
What is the process to get my business certified to the ISO 9001?
We have a simple six step process which takes you from where you are today to confidently running an ISO 9001 certified quality management system that feels like it’s always been part of your business in under eight weeks.
Contact our team today to request a quote.
We ensure that the ISO 17100 Translation Service Management System will become part of your day to day operations. We offer unparalleled support from both our head office and onsite at your premises, from one of our assessors.
Should you have any queries at any point, we’ll always be at the end of the phone and our experienced assessors will visit you on a regular basis to ensure you stay on track for yearly re-certification.
In addition, we also offer ISO consultancy services to help you maximise the benefits of your certification.
We have a long history specialising in helping other SMEs to improve their businesses. We pride ourselves on getting to know our clients and because of this we understand how important it is that we are reliable, knowledgeable, friendly and approachable.
We furthermore ensure that our our customer values underpin everything we do and help to make our customer service award-winning.