What is BS EN 15713
Secure Destruction of Confidential Material?
BS EN 15713 is a European Standard that gives businesses a framework to manage and control the destruction of any confidential material destruction they hold, ensuring that it is disposed of securely and safely.
Designed to sit within the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, this Standard provides the framework for securely collecting, handling, storing, and disposing of confidential waste whilst maintaining a quality service.
Benefits of BS EN 15713 certification
Provides reassurance that you are on top of regulatory requirements
Minimises the risk of data leaks
Enhances your company image and differentiates you from the competition
Increases morale and motivation of your staff
Has a positive impact on the environment through recycling
Provides reassurance that you take confidentiality seriously
Increased profit potential and market share
Enables you to tender for more contracts
HOW CAN BS EN 15713 PROTECT MY BUSINESS?
Implementing the BS EN 15713 Secure Destruction of Confidential Material will help you stand out from your competitors, showing your customers that you take the security of their confidential waste seriously.
The standard provides a framework of key conditions to be adhered to at every step of the destruction process: collection, handling, transportation, storage, and destruction. Example aspects include:
- Security screening of personnel
- Security of your premises
- How sensitive information is collected, retained, and transferred
- Security measures during destruction of materials
- Management and control of confidential material destruction
- Traceability of the destruction process.
Please note that the BS EN 15713 will need to be implemented in conjunction with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System or embedded into a pre-existing quality management system.
WHAT DOES BS EN 15713 COVER?
BS EN 15713 Secure Destruction of Confidential Material consists of twelve clauses covering four key areas:
- Contracts and Audit Trails: ensuring there is a written contract covering all transactions between your company and your clients.
- From collection to destruction: ensuring it is protected from unauthorised access at every step of the process.
- Categorisation – ensuring the method of destruction is suitable for the category of material and agreed with the client to render it unreadable, illegible and unreconstructable.
- Product Disposal – where practical, end products consisting of recyclable materials should be recycled. If they cannot, the environmental impact, cost and convenience of other disposal methods will be taken into account.
What is the process to get my business certified to BS EN 15713?
We have a simple six step process which takes you from where you are today to confidently running a BS EN 15713 certified management system that feels like it’s always been part of your business in under eight weeks.
Contact our team today to request a quote.
We ensure that the BS EN 15713 Management System will become part of your day to day operations. We offer unparalleled support from both our head office and onsite at your premises, from one of our assessors.
Should you have any queries at any point, we’ll always be at the end of the phone and our experienced assessors will visit you on a regular basis to ensure you stay on track for yearly re-certification.
In addition, we also offer ISO consultancy services to help you maximise the benefits of your certification.
We have a long history specialising in helping other SMEs to improve their businesses. We pride ourselves on getting to know our clients and because of this we understand how important it is that we are reliable, knowledgeable, friendly and approachable.
We furthermore ensure that our our customer values underpin everything we do and help to make our customer service award-winning.