ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management Standard postponed until late 2017
5 Aug, 2016
With the revisions of the ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards complete, the new ISO 45001 will be aligned with these new revisions to ensure that they work seamlessly together and complement each other.
The new edition of the BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management Standard has now been postponed until late 2017 after the first draft of the new international standard was rejected. A secondary International Committee meeting has been scheduled for October of this year.
When released the new standard will seek to:
- Reduce the risks to personnel and additional relevant parties.
- Create a focus of continual improvement so as to constantly seek to improve health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out, along with a company’s health and safety policy are in line with an internationally recognised standard.
- Context of Organisation – Will look at the internal and external factors of a business, addressing the risks and examining how to control them.
- Leadership – Will identify the means of communication on different levels, not just at management level.
- Documented information – Will take in to account all documentation and records.
ISO Quality Services Ltd will endeavour to be pro-active and keep you updated with the release of ISO 45001. If you are an existing customer, our client services team will be in touch to prepare you for the changes.
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.