ISO 45001 further delayed until late 2017
31 Oct, 2016
The ISO 45001, the new international standard for health and safety management has now been delayed until December 2017.
The new standard, which aims to bring health and safety more in line with the recently updated ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 mainframe, was delayed in February after the first draft of the standard was rejected. The path for the upgrade projects that the standard will be published at the end of 2017.
A committee of health and safety professionals, from 70 countries, are involved in the development of the standard, and will help to provide safer working conditions and support employee well-being.
When released the new standard will seek to:
- Reduce the risks to personnel and additional relevant parties.
- Create a focus of continual improvement so as to constantly seek to improve health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out, along with a company’s health and safety policy are in line with an internationally recognised standard.
- Context of Organisation– Will look at the internal and external factors of a business, addressing the risks and examining how to control them.
- Leadership– Will identify the means of communication on different levels, not just at management level.
- Documented information– Will take in to account all documentation and records.
ISO Quality Services Ltd will endeavour to be pro-active and keep you updated with the release of ISO 45001. If you are an existing customer, our client services team will be in touch to prepare you for the changes.
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 0330 058 5551 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Secure Destruction of Confidential Materials
Health & Safety
- News Archive
Miracle on Lowesmoor
21 Dec, 2018
Should ISO Be In Your Brexit Box?
14 Nov, 2018
Is GDPR a nine day wonder?
16 Oct, 2018