ISO 45001 delayed until 2018
20 Feb, 2017
The ISO 45001, the new international standard for health and safety management could be further delayed until 2018, and could now be as late as next June.
The new standard, which will replace the BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management standard, has been significantly delayed once again. The new international standard aims to bring health and safety more in line with the recently updated ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 mainframe.
A committee of health and safety professionals, from 70 countries, are involved in the development of the standard, and will help to provide safer working conditions and support employee well-being.
When released the new standard will seek to:
- Reduce the risks to personnel and additional relevant parties.
- Create a focus of continual improvement to constantly seek to improve health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out, along with a company’s health and safety policy are in line with an internationally recognised standard.
- Context of Organisation– Will look at the internal and external factors of a business, addressing the risks and examining how to control them.
- Leadership– Will identify the means of communication on different levels, not just at management level.
- Documented information– Will take in to account all documentation and records.
ISO Quality Services Ltd will endeavour to be pro-active and keep you updated with the release of ISO 45001. If you are an existing customer, our client services team will be in touch to prepare you for the changes.
Don’t delay! Contact us to discuss certification to the BS OHSAS 18001 Standard today
With this delay in mind, there is no reason that you should put off achieving certification to the BS OHSAS 18001 if your business is looking to build upon existing health and safety practices and ensure the safety of employees and visitors.
This can be implemented with a view to upgrade to the new high level structure when the new version is available, and if you have already transitioned your ISO 9001 or 14001 standard to the new version you will be able to manage this change quickly and easily.
ISO Quality Services Ltd are proud to specialise in the implementation and certification of the Internationally recognised ISO and BS EN Management Standards.
Do you want to get ahead of your competition? Win more tenders or save time and money on reoccurring issues? Contact us today on 01905 670303 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can request a quote by filling out our enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Secure Destruction of Confidential Materials
- News Archive
ISO Quality Services Ltd – April 2017 Newsletter
6 Apr, 2017