BS OHSAS 18001
Ensure your health and safety measures are delivered with the legal requirements.
BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management System
This system is proven to enable a business to be pro-active rather then re-active when approaching health and safety, therefore more effectively protecting the health and welfare of your workforce on an on-going basis. A BS OHSAS 18001 health and safety management provides a process driven approach to controlling and monitoring risks that can arise from the company’s day to day activities.
The system is proven to help business owners and managers be more aware of their legal and regulatory accountabilities and assist them in identifying and control the associated risks.
Why BS OHSAS 18001 certification?
By obtaining the BS OHSAS 18001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your health and safety obligations and are looking to minimise any risks.
The main benefits of obtaining BS OHSAS 18001 are:
- Enhanced reputation as a health and safety conscious organisation.
- Reduced risk of potential litigation cases, for example through reducing the number of accidents in the work place.
- Improved productivity of the workforce as potential for absenteeism and sickness is reduced.
- By conducting rigorous risk and hazard assessments customers are reassured that products / services are delivered within legal requirements.
- Peace of mind that they are employed by a company that promotes health and safety in the workplace, and involvement from all staff to ensure it is a safe place to work.
This standard can be used as a tool to support and promote good occupational health and safety practices to both the workforce and other interested parties. It includes continual improvement by self-regulation through audit.
Example Aspects include:
- Contractor Assessment
- COSHH Risk Assessment Record
- DSE Risk Assessment Record
- Incident Reporting and Investigation Report
- Emergency Lighting Test Record
- Health and Safety Induction
- Safe Manual Handling Technique
- Fire Alarm Test Record
Did you know?
If a company doesn’t display the Health and Safety Law poster in its office / work place or give the information to the staff they can risk being fined.
Don't just take our word for itHollingworth and Vose:
“Obtaining the Occupational Health and Safety Management System has certainly assisted the company in establishing our safety objectives and processes necessary to deliver our results in a safe and effective manner”.
The BS OHSAS 18001 is changing
The BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System is becoming an internationally recognised system. The brand new ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System will launch in 2017.
Are you currently running the BS OHSAS 18001 or are you looking at implementing it? Contact us to learn more about this change.
Call us now on: 01905 670303
Already have BS OHSAS 18001?
Looking to maximise your return? Our consultancy services can help ensure you are making the most of your system and have everything in place to meet the requirements of the standard.