The BS EN 15038 is a European standard for companies within the translation industry, which covers the essential processes for providing a translations service.
It establishes and defines the translator, their technical resource and quality of service. Its aim is to outline the service a client will receive within a recognised set of procedures that are carried out to best practice.
It defines the aspects of:
- Commissioning work and translation
- Proof read and review
- Contractual requirement and project management
- Traceability of the translation process
- Overall quality management of the service.
Why BS EN 15038 Certification?
The BS EN 15038 standard integrates terminology used in the translation field, by creating a standard structure for translation services. It simplifies the interaction between clients and translator in terms of their contractual needs.
Benefits to you:
- Ability to prove the company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
- Increase client base by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognised management system.
- Ensures that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinised for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalisation – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.
Benefits to your customers:
- Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance to the prospective clients that you follow a recognised specialist standard while under taking their translation requirements.
- Provides assurance that you employ appropriately qualified staff – both interpreters and translators are qualified to undertake the task in a professional and effective manner to the latest industry standards.
Benefits to your staff:
- On-going staff development- the standard helps to ensure that staff and contractors follow a professional development program, keeping them update with the latest techniques and dialects.
- Heighten morale and motivation as employees have defined processes and procedures that result in a quality and consistent service being provided.
- Proves that they work for an innovative and forward thinking employer.