Please note: This British and European standard has now become the internationally recognised ISO 17100. The ISO 17100 therefore supersedes this standard. For more information about the ISO 17100 and how it differs from the BS EN 15038, please click here.
The BS EN 15038 is a European standard for companies within the translation industry, which covers the essential processes for providing a translations service.
It establishes and defines the translator, their technical resource and quality of service. Its aim is to outline the service a client will receive within a recognised set of procedures that are carried out to best practice.
It defines the aspects of:
- Commissioning work and translation
- Proof read and review
- Contractual requirement and project management
- Traceability of the translation process
- Overall quality management of the service.
Why BS EN 15038 Certification?
The BS EN 15038 standard integrates terminology used in the translation field, by creating a standard structure for translation services. It simplifies the interaction between clients and translator in terms of their contractual needs.
Benefits to you:
- Ability to prove the company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
- Increase client base by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognised management system.
- Ensures that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinised for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalisation – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.
Benefits to your customers:
- Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance to the prospective clients that you follow a recognised specialist standard while under taking their translation requirements.
- Provides assurance that you employ appropriately qualified staff – both interpreters and translators are qualified to undertake the task in a professional and effective manner to the latest industry standards.
Benefits to your staff:
- On-going staff development- the standard helps to ensure that staff and contractors follow a professional development program, keeping them update with the latest techniques and dialects.
- Heighten morale and motivation as employees have defined processes and procedures that result in a quality and consistent service being provided.
- Proves that they work for an innovative and forward thinking employer.